A GUIDE TO INDOOR ADVERTISING WITH LED SIGN BOARD
Advertising your products and services, and creating brand awareness is an essential strategy to ensure success of your business. When it comes to signs for businesses, most people believe that placing a LED sign board outside your small business or a digital billboard is sufficient. However, it is important to understand that indoor signage is equally important. Not only do indoor signs improve branding but also enhance customer service and boost employee morale. But most importantly, indoor advertising will undoubtedly increase your overall sales.
Creative Ideas Advertising Agency provides you with an in-depth indoor LED signs board guide, covering everything you need to know about indoor LED advertising.
LED SIGN BOARD TYPES
- Full-Color LED Signs: high-definition displays that can be customized as you like. Can display realistic graphics and images, full-motion video, all sorts of text and animations.
- Tri-Color LED Signs: features three bright colors – red, green and yellow – for communicating with your audience and supports text, simple graphics and animation.
- Monochrome LED Signs: although these features only one color – usually a bright yellow color, these single lighted signs are extremely effective in communicating simple text and graphic messages.
- LED signage is also available in double-sided versions that can be used as both indoor and outdoor signage. These are very visually striking and can make a big impact on your community from all directions. When choosing the type of LED signage to invest in, always take into consideration the purpose for which you will be using the signage. It could be used simply for advertising products and services, for providing directions (wayfinding), for providing important information, for entertaining waiting customers, for helping customers make a decision, for employee motivation, and so on.
With indoor LED sign board, the most ideal locations of placement within your store would be:
- Close to cash wraps: retail displays and nearby aisles where customers pay for merchandise is ideal for impulsive buying in stores.
- Behind the cash register: In a restaurant for example, with all the information given behind the counter, ordering times are much less because while customers are waiting in line, they can decide what to order.
- Close to doorways: in shopping malls, exterior doorway signs can help attract passersby.
- Waiting areas: If you are a service provider, LED screens in lobbies will be ideal for entertaining waiting customers.
- Product aisles: informing customers about relevant product information will enhance customer experience and help them with informed purchases.
Height and Distance
The basic criteria in determining height and distance of placing an LED display is to make sure it is easily visible to your target market. This is where the term viewing angle is used – the display should be viewed with acceptable visual impact. At a horizontal level, the viewing angle is usually greater than at a vertical level. A good idea would be to place the screen at a determined height and distance, display some content on it and walk around to see if it can be viewed from all directions.
Selecting an appropriate Size and Resolution
Each digital display has a different pixel pitch, which is the distance between each LED light. The smaller the pixel pitch, the higher the resolution will be. When choosing a high resolution sign, take into consideration the distance between the LED screen and the viewer, and how fast the viewer will be moving past the message displayed.
The physical size of the digital display ultimately depends on the matrix – which is how many pixels are in total, and the pixel pitch. For example, a sign to be placed far away and viewed from a longer distance will have pixels that are further apart (higher pixel pitch) and the screen size will be larger. For a sign to be viewed from a closer distance, the pixels should be closer (smaller pixel pitch), and the display size will be smaller.
- In developing aesthetics for your digital signage, colors play a foundational role. Colors should ideally match those of your brand, should stand out and make an impact on the audience. Too many bright colors however will cause more pain to the eyesight than pleasure.
- Don’t clutter your design with too much content. Viewers don’t have time to read a novel. Keep things short and sweet to guarantee attention.
- Text size should not be too small to read. Keep in mind that most indoor signage is at least 7-10 feet away from viewers. 20–30-point font size is ideal for this distance and a 100-point font is clearly visible from about 26 feet away. Sans-serif fonts such as Arial, Helvetica and Verdana are the best bet in terms of legible font styles.
- Consider the layout of your design, have a hierarchy in mind and make sure there is no overcrowding of visuals and text.
- Incorporating videos or moving images is highly recommended in order to attract attention.
- High quality images of your products and services can elevate the entire design.
- Diversify your content by mixing the type of visuals used throughout different content designs
- Research has shown that contrasting color palettes are a highly effective way of getting your message noticed. But what does this mean? Light text on dark backgrounds, and dark text on light backgrounds.